Monday, March 18, 2013

It Is Now Time

It is now time.

Time for what, you might ask?  Well, time for me to get back into the blogsphere.  I'm Chuck Abraham, also known by Metal alias as Charles von Hapsburg the Prussian.  Why do I need another name?  I'm a Catholic Heavy Metal musician.  In fact, there's a whole bunch of us who hang out over at the Catholic Metal website (Oh...I just noticed the forum is back up!  Yay!  Thanks Dave!).  I play guitar and have a thing for Fender Stratocasters, although I do have a bass for recording, along with drum machine software.  My goal, at some point, is to actually get some music recorded.

I'm also a journalist and a write for a newspaper based in northwest Pennsylvania.  I cover local news and events for the borough in which I live and the surrounding areas.  In such a small town of 3,300 people, jobs are a little hard to come by, and since I'd worked in television operations for seventeen years prior to moving to Pennsylvania, and there aren't any television stations here (quite yet), the paper seemed like a great opportunity.  Since I'm freelance, I can also freelance for other papers and would love to write for some Catholic papers.

I have four children back in Indiana, and I don't get to see them very often because we don't have a lot of money to go back and forth.  I miss them.  I'm working on changing this so I can go back and see them, and bring them out here to visit too.  Yes, they do all have their own guitars already.  

So the next obvious question:  Why in God's Holy Name is there an upside down cross in my logo?  Well, that IS the Cross of St. Peter.  According to Early Church father Origen, St Peter was crucified upside down because he felt he wasn't worthy to be crucified the same way that Jesus was.  No, it's not proof that the Catholic Church is the Church of Satan, or evil, or whatever.  Have to admit, though, it does get people's attention.

In any case, I look forward to blogging again.  God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment